“Assess, Measure, Improve”
Our “Results Driven Assessment” is performed on-site by operations experts who evaluate, recommend and implement strategies that help you remain competitive and improve your profitability.
Our review of your existing business operations will identify specific areas to improve efficiency, realize cost savings and increase revenues. In some cases, we’ve helped independent owners and chain businesses realize increases of tens of thousands or even hundreds of thousands of dollars in annual bottom line profitability.
We are driven by the philosophy that our success is measured solely upon the performance of our programs at each client’s location.
For over 30 years, the management team at S&L Solutions LLC has been providing high-level retail/ambulatory Pharmacy consulting services to Health System leadership and Community Pharmacy decision-makers . Our “Assess. Measure. Improve.” Approach provides a results-driven analysis that assists in evaluating the performance of current ambulatory pharmacies as well as determining the viability and sustainability of proposed new locations.
The S&L “Results-Driven Assessment” is designed to provide a comprehensive overview of key areas that will directly impact the success of your ambulatory pharmacy initiatives.
Our evaluation process includes:
- On-Site Assessment for Current and Proposed New Pharmacy Locations
- Comprehensive Review of Existing Systems and Processes
- Analysis of Fiscal Controls (Purchasing/Inventory/Receivables)
- Assessment of Operations, Work Flow and Labor Utilization
- Third Party Management Review and Regulatory Compliance
- Review of Existing Marketing/Communication Strategies
Providing Quality Analysis
S&L Solutions is a trusted resource for measuring key factors that positively impact profitability and discover inefficiencies that lead to lost revenue, decreased profitability and negative cash flow. Each specific area of focus is outlined and a projection or specific estimate of monetary impact is attributed to improving each area.
S&L measures each key indicator with comparisons to similar size organizations in order to provide accurate, detailed evaluations.
Research and Measurement Areas include:
- Market Research, Viability and Sustainability Studies
- Competition-Based Research and Comparisons
- Evaluation of Systems, Processes and Operational Efficiencies
- Inventory Management and Cash Flow Analysis
- Buying Practices, Cost of Goods Sold and Supply vs. Demand Analysis
- Labor Costs, Pharmacist/Technician Pay Scales and Current Volume of Rx Fills
- Technology/Automation Utilization Review
- Inventory Volume Discount Levels and Savings Capture Rates
- Third Party Management Review
In addition, S&L performs an overall review of reconciliation procedures and current exposure risks in the case of an audit or regulatory inspection.
Defining A Clear Path to Success
Specific recommendations could include:
- Improved Workflow to Maximize Utilization of Labor
- Implementation of Programs to Increase Rx Capture Rates
- Strategies for Home Delivery and Specialty Pharmacy Initiatives
- Continuity of Care Programs Resulting in Increased Patient Satisfaction
- Enhancements to Regulatory and Third Party Processes to Minimize Risk
- Implementation of Proven Marketing/Communication Strategies
S&L can partner with your organization and remain engaged as an on-site resource to help implement and execute the recommended action plan.
Complete review of existing operations
- Fiscal Management
- Pricing Program
- Pharmacy Supplier Management
- Review Existing Arrangements
- Recommend Optimum Services
- Policy & Procedure Development
- Integrate Pharmacy Services Per Company Guidelines
- Technology Requirements
- Review & Recommend
- Health Organization Partnering
- Expanded Services
- Pharmacy Related Merchandising Solutions
- Non Rx Essentials
- Marketing / Promotion Programs
- New & Existing Pharmacies
- Market Research
- Development of New Locations
- Expanded Operations for Existing Pharmacies